Beginning Reading with Phonics is an online (Super Star Online) reading course designed get kids excited about learning
to read as they learn beginning level reading skills and words. Though this course is based on reading standards and research, this course
is designed to make learning to read easy and fun.
This interactive educational software program includes 3 songs that feature the music of Dr. Jean Feldman www.drjean.org, along
with with a variety of stories that teach reading tips and skills along with games that let them use those skills while playing.
This phonics based course begins with recognizing the letter sounds and matching the correct spelling of a word base of the sound
of the word. This course covers the Dolch words as well as high-requency sight words for Kindergarten. Skills build so that at the
end of the course students should be able to read and write basic sentences.
Probably the most important section is our "Learn the Words" section
where students can see a picture of a word, hear the word and hear the letter sounds (phonemes) that form the word.
With our blended approach students can also blend the sounds to make the word. Kids earn silver and gold stars for completing each game
or activity and if they earn all the stars, they can earn a "Gold Star Certificate
- The Super Star Motivational and Data Tracking system, which encourages students to earn silver and gold stars by completing each song,
activity, or game.
- Over 6 hours of play and learning
- This course features the Help Me 2 Learn "Super Star Kids" who are helpers in the songs and learning stories
- Encorages kids to get excited about learning to read
- Can be used on almost any device, including iPad and Android devices.
Beginning Reading with Phonics Tour